Google Map API Key (v11)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
jleraj
User

Google Map API Key (v11)

Post by jleraj »

I learnt from google that I need to mention the key along with "maps.google[dot]com/maps/api/js?key=<my key>" But this I could find only when I view the page source, but not in the .cshtml file within the app folder. Now I have to edit the page source by right clicking on the browser and mention the key, and then overwrite the .cshtml file in the app folder.

Instead is there anyway I can mention the key in the project itself ?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Just enter in the "apikey" setting of Custom View Tag setup form for Google Maps. (Read Custom View Tag notes in the form.)

jleraj
User

Post by jleraj »

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry. I cant find anything with the name //apikey// in the custom view tag.

However, in the string that is shown in the drop down on custom view tag, I added the key and it shows like this

{"id":"GoogleMaps","name":"Google Maps","width":null,"width_field":null,"height":null,"height_field":null,"latitude":null,"latitude_field":"LATT","longitude":null,
"longitude_field":"LONGT","location":null,"location_field":"VEH_REG_NO","type":"SATELLITE","type_field":null,"zoom":8,"zoom_field":null,
"apikey":"<MYKEY>"}

But still getting the "Oops ...." error. I am using asp.net maker v11.0.2

Help please. Sorry if I sound too dumb.

Regards

Ed

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

No such setting in v11, manually adding that in the settings only will not work. v11 had been phrased out, please try the latest version (v2017).

jleraj
User

Post by jleraj »

Thanks for the reply

Will do

Regards

Ed