No required field but cannot leave it blank

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
pkumproah
User

No required field but cannot leave it blank

Post by pkumproah »

When I create the view from the database. I leave the box in Required field blank but when I generate the codes, I cannot leave it blank (both of varchar and number datatypes). But when I mark that box so I cannot leave it blank (this part is ok).

So if I want to leave the boxes blank without error notify, how can I do.

Please advise.
Prapan

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

NOT NULL fields are considered as required. If you prefer not, try to uncheck this option "Validate NOT NULL fields" (click Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Validate NOT NULL fields) and regenerate the files.

iamake
User

Post by iamake »

Hi there,

I hereby confirm that the database field is marked as NULLABLE. So I would expect the frontend to support the blank input.

I am using Oracle database with the NUMBER data type field. When I try to save the data through the frontend generated by ASP.NET marker with blank input, I got the following error message:
One of the identified items was in an invalid format

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

One of the identified items was in an invalid format

It is an Oracle error message, so your form is already submitted and the script tried to save your record to the database. It is not related to the "Required" setting which is BEFORE saving the record. The blank inputs are allowed as you set up so the script proceeds to saving.

Post your table schema.