Ask to save when leaving edit dialog without saving

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
Thomas.Hoffner
User

Ask to save when leaving edit dialog without saving

Post by Thomas.Hoffner »

Hello

Is there a variable or function, that i can use, then the operater leaves/ exits a "Edit-Dialog" without saving the record ?

Can someone help me.

Thomas Hoffner

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

Thomas.Hoffner wrote:
then the operater leaves/ exits a "Edit-Dialog" without saving the record

Quit Edit Page without confirmation or under what condition to leave without saving the record? Try to provide more detail what you want to do.

Thomas.Hoffner
User

Post by Thomas.Hoffner »

Hello

The Operator ist in an Edit-Dialog and changes some Data. Than he press a Button e.g of the Menu of another ASP.NET Table.
Then he gets no message that he leaves the Edit Dialog without saving it.
I am searching for a Variable or Function (Server-Site) that says me, that some datas are changes in the edit Dialog, so that I can check this and give a message.

Thanks for Help

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

There is no such feature in ASP.NET Maker.

However, in ASP.NET Maker 2016, there is a new feature:

• Cancel button with confirm dialog
    If an user enters something in the form then click the Cancel button, a JavaScript prompt will show up to ask if the user really wants to cancel. You can refer to the generated code as example and implement your own. You need to first determine what action you consider as "leaving" the page, then you need to add corresponding client side events to trigger the form checking and the prompt if the form is modified.