Custom Button or Menus

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
johnw
User

Custom Button or Menus

Post by johnw »

I am working with a demo version of ASP.NET Maker and I would like to add a way for users to run custom code in the application. My thinking was perhaps I tie the code to a menu event or a button. I do not see a way in the software to do either. The code I want will be to move data, clean it, etc. and automate those types of processes.

Does anyone have any guidance? I apologize if this has been asked and answered many times. I could find nothing recent that remotely touched on the topic.

Thanks for any help

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

You can try to use Row_CustomAction server event to create custom action. See Server Event and Client Scripts -> Row_CustomAction (Example) for more details.

johnw
User

Post by johnw »

I am not able to find when the Row_CustomAction event fires. In looking further, it appears I can add a page (custom file) the application. I am thinking I can create it in Visual Studio or least edit there and add Buttons, Menus, etc. to perform the tasks I want.

Anyone using custom files that way?

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

Row_CustomAction server event will fire when user select record/records and click this button to perform custom action. If you want to perform custom action for a particular table, it is better to use Row_CustomAction. You can add buttons by using Startup Script (to any location) or Server Event. See the help file topic: Server Events and Client Scripts for more details.

Custom Files is a blank page which allow user to create to display custom content. See the help file topic: Custom Files for more details.

ahosny1
User

Post by ahosny1 »

John, were you able to make it ? please share code if you could