IIS Path not working

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
Tegwin
User

IIS Path not working

Post by Tegwin »

Hello,
I am using APNet maker. I have tested IIS and its working (I get the default screen) and it seems ok . However I get the error saying its not found. I tried to find the iisexpress.exe in Program Files (and PF32) and its not there.. so what path should i use

Thanks

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

If you use IIS Express, the installed path will be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express

You need to enter the path in "IIS Express (iisexpress.exe) path and "IIS Express port" (click Tools -> Advanced Settings -> IIS Express (iisexpress.exe) path) . See Tools -> Advanced Settings -> IIS Express (iisexpress.exe) path and IIS Express port.

Tegwin
User

Post by Tegwin »

Thanks.. Thats the problem though I dont have that path.. But IIS has been enabled in Windows 7 through Add Features etc.. and its working when I type localhost in the browser but that path is just not there

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

localhost always resolve to 127.0.0.1 and this is the IP address of the local machine itself. It is set in the host file under system32\drivers\etc folder. You may check this.

Also, you may take a look the help file topic: Introduction to ASP.NET -> IIS for more details. Make sure you have created an ASP.NET application, not just a website or a virtual directory.

Note: You need to install IIS Express if you want to use IIS Express, see this link for more information about IIS Express, htt p://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/introducti ... s-overview

(Note: IIS is NOT the same as IIS Express.)