Calculating Total Amount in a Detail Page

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
jleraj
User

Calculating Total Amount in a Detail Page

Post by jleraj »

Folks

I am working on Master / Details page where a purchase invoice is entered. In the detail part, when the user selects an item and enters the billed quantity, then the total amount column should show billed_quantity*unit_price.

I got this working on a non-grid format - that is when the items are entered in single form one by one - using JQuery in the startup script. But this is not working in the master / detail page.

Can someone help me please ? I am using asp.net v11 and vb.net. I had a look at row_rendered and tried to use ew_rowvar /ew_getrow but without success.

Regards

Edward

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

For Grid page, the ID for the field name is different from the Add page, x<row_index><Field> vs x<Field>. <row_index> is a number (1, 2, ...).

You need to get the row index from the row to make the change in order to change the affected row. If you are not familiar with JavaScript, you can hard code <row_index> as x1<Field>, x2<Field> to do your calculation.

jleraj
User

Post by jleraj »

Thanks for the reply. I am on it now.