How to call a sql server function and use the result?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
michael.behounek
User

How to call a sql server function and use the result?

Post by michael.behounek »

Hello Forum

I have a view called v_organisation, generated in ASP.Net Maker

Now I want to use a function with the username as a parameter.
The function returns all the records of the view v-organisation, that the logged in user is allowed to look at.
The function works fine in SSMS.
What I have until now in Page_DataRendering is:

if (IsLoggedIn()){
     		string  PrivateSQL;
        	PrivateSQL="SELECT * FROM f_filter_Unit_by_UserName ('"+CurrentUserName()+"')" ;
                    }

Now I want to know, how to use this function.
In which server event do I place the query?
How do I get the records in the original table?

I would appreciate to get an answer with code I can use rather than a hint like "look in Google for ...."

Regards
Michael

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

You can simply use Table Filter to filter the record if your View contain that field. See Table Setup -> Filter in the help file for more details.

michael.behounek
User

Post by michael.behounek »

motfs wrote:
You can simply use Table Filter to filter the record if your View contain that field.
See Table Setup -> Filter in the help file for more details.

Thank you motfs

But it is not possible to use a filter, because the permission to see a record does not depend of one single filed.
It is a hierarchy with several units, that is, why I wrote a function to get the relevant records.

In the output of ASP.NET Maker, in the File <tablename>info.cs I can change the "SQLFrom"

public string SqlFrom {
get { return "[dbo].f_filter_Unit_by_UserName ('" + CurrentUserName() + "')"; }
}
and it works. But I cannot change the "SQLFrom" dynamically in runtime, so how can I call this function instead of using the underlying table?