Mobile Menu

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
niltoncezar
User

Mobile Menu

Post by niltoncezar »

I noticed a very strange problem in Asp.Net with Maker Report Maker.
The problem happens when I combine with the Report Maker, and use the dropdown menus on mobile devices. In this case, if I open a page generated by Asp.Net Maker, the dropdown menu works perfectly. But if I open a page generated by the Report Marker, the dropdown menu does not. I'm using Asp.Net Maker 12 with Report Maker 8. Have cleaned the files and created again but the problem remains. Anyone else had this problem?

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

I don't have any issue. Make sure you use the latest version for ASP.NET Maker and ASP.NET Report Maker.

niltoncezar wrote:
the dropdown menu does not

Describe the dropdown menu issue with detail.

niltoncezar
User

Post by niltoncezar »

Simply drop down menu does not open. But this only happens when I'm in a Report Maker page. I tried to do in PHPMaker and the same thing happens.

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

1. What version you use in ASP.NET Maker and ASP.NET Report Maker?
  2. What mobile device you use? Try with different browser?
  3. The projects share the same web folder, right? Have you enabled [Compatibility Properties] in ASP.NET Report Maker?
  4. niltoncezar wrote:

Simply drop down menu does not open. But this only happens when I'm in a Report Maker page.

You may minimize the screen size in desktop computer to simulate the mobile mode. So, you can check if there is any JavaScript error

Need to understand more to isolate the issue.

niltoncezar
User

Post by niltoncezar »

Hello. Answering the questions:

1) ASP.Net Marker 12.0.4 e Report Maker 8.0.1
2) I've tried with Android, Windows Phone and iOS. Browsers of IOS, Google Chrome, Edge. The result is the same.
3) Yes. Project in same web folder. Compatibility Properties enabled. I can open the pages of the Report Maker, which proves that the settings are correct. The menu functions normally. The only problem is when I make sub-menus (drop down). If I click on a page of Report Maker, the sub-menu crashes (the dropdown does not open).
4) Yes. I've tried with desktop (Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome). The result is the same and no JavaScript error message appears. Simply does not open the dropdowm.

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

What is the resolution for your mobile device? Larger than 768px?
Try to increase the "Media queries breakpoint (Bootstrap)" (click HTML -> Theme and scroll down to find "Media queries breakpoint (Bootstrap)"). Change @screen-- to over the resolution of your mobile device accordingly. Regenerate script and try again.

niltoncezar
User

Post by niltoncezar »

I did what you indicated, but the problem continues. Increased to 1200 and 1920, but did not solve.

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

niltoncezar wrote:
but the problem continues. Increased to 1200 and 1920, but did not solve.

Did you see the difference in menu? The generated menu is a mobile menu (a icon to click to open the menu) which is different from desktop menu.

niltoncezar
User

Post by niltoncezar »

Yes, the menu appears type 'burger', but the dropdown accessed from within a page's Report Maker does not open. When the page is the Asp.Net Maker, open the dropdown.