Access Append and Update queries

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
pkingsbury
User

Access Append and Update queries

Post by pkingsbury »

I have my application linked to a secure Access database. Works fine for tables and simple queries. I have within the database a number of update and append queries which I cannot see in ASPdotnet. Is there anyway I can build a routine to allow me to manually trigger the queries at a required time?
Thanks in advance.
Peter

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

You may consider to use window task scheduler to trigger.

pkingsbury
User

Post by pkingsbury »

Thanks for this but it is not a solution. The events are triggered by other events not necessarily regularly occurring and I don't think Windows Task scheduler would work on a web server, but thanks for the thought. My thought at the moment is to build an ASP page which opens the database and then runs the append and add queries. I have written code which will open the password protected database, I just need to code the run a query part now. Coding is not my strong point but I will persevere.
If anybody has the code to do this in ASP or any other web language I'd be grateful.
Thanks
Peter

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Database request can be made by the following codes:
int result = ew_Execute("<SQL>"); // Change <SQL> to your append/update SQL

Note that ASP.NET connect via the OleDb provider and your Access queries may or may be accessible via the provider. You need to test to try it out. If not, you will need to write your own SQL to perform the action.

pkingsbury
User

Post by pkingsbury »

Thanks
PK