Add button not work

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
paolcon
User

Add button not work

Post by paolcon »

After purchasing the license PHPMaker , I would buy one of aspnetmaker .
Therefore , before buying, I tried to make an application , everything works , but when I copy all the files on another computer to test it , add the button and the other buttons not working . Missing file ? It is a setting of IIS or compile ? What can I do?
Help me...Aspnetmaker is beautiful and I want to use it , thank you very much

paolcon
User

Post by paolcon »

To clarify , I create files on a computer with aspnetmaker , then distribute the iis folder on a server , converting it into application , but I have a doubt , I have to install on that server aspnetmaker ? I have to copy other files to install the folder ? Thank you

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Make sure that the same connection string works when you move the web site.

paolcon
User

Post by paolcon »

Thanks for the answer , so the string works , I can read the data and retrieve them in the search .
only when I save the data in the grid , or display data we press next or previous buttons are not working .
In search instead they work without problems . It ' a odbc string 64 of Sybase 16

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

If the same project works locally, it should also work in the remote site provided that both server/database configuration are identical. Compare your local/server configuration and see what the difference is.

Also show your table schema / field settings and also the error / stack trace when performing the add/edit. See if others can help.

paolcon
User

Post by paolcon »

Thank you for your patience with my questions , the pages don't work when we click button desappear grid on pages or not save modify.
I doubt we must install ASP.NET MVC on the server that hosts the software ? Or some dll for Razor ?
It could be a problem on system configuration to see the pages Razor ?
Thanks again and I inform you that yesterday we bought license

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

You can enable debug mode ([Tools] -> [Advanced Settings] -> [Debug]) to see if you got any errors during add/edit.

paolcon
User

Post by paolcon »

Thank you, but to access the debug mode , you have to install aspnetmaker on the server or just that I generate the project with debugging enabled ?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Regenerate and upload again. No need to have ASP.NET Maker on your server.

paolcon
User

Post by paolcon »

Thank you all for the help , now everything works , it's a problem with the IIS authorization settings ,
moving up the folder , only on that server , at another level in the IIS tree , everything works .
Incredibly only that folder has rights different from the rest of IIS, so even attempts to modify the permissions were not working. But on three other computer installation work. So we have try to moved the folders and made attempts,(the software had to work!!!). I write because it is of help to others.

THANK YOU!!!