Just Upgraded to v12. No aspx files.

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
ashworth81
User

Just Upgraded to v12. No aspx files.

Post by ashworth81 »

Hi,

I have just upgraded from aspmaker to asp.net maker 12. I was expecting to see the pages generated as aspx pages but they are all generated as .cshtml. Also I can not get 1 rendered project to work in webmatrix. As soon as I try to open the folder with webmatrix I recieve an error stating webmatrix has stopped working. I know this is not supported by hkvstore but was wondering if it was due to the pages being rendered as cshtml?

I have tried many fixes including deleting the webmatrix folder in appdata/local and uninstalling and re-installing but had no joy.

I did trial this software before using it without an issue. Any ideas please?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

ASP.NET Maker uses ASP.NET Web Pages since v10 (released 2013/02), Web Pages are .cshtml or .vbhtml files in Razor syntax, not .aspx files. Webmatrix does support .cshtml file, as a matter of fact, Microsoft released Webmatrix to support them, read:
http://www.asp.net/web-pages/overview/g ... ng-started

You can also use Visual Studio, just open a website by opening the destination folder of your project. Visual Studio 2015 Community is recommended:
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/down ... io-vs.aspx

ashworth81
User

Post by ashworth81 »

Thanks for the reply.

I have no problem creating the application and now have the application working in webmatrix if I open a new blank project then copy in the render files it works. If I open folder as site it does not.

My issue now is I have come to hosting the application on our app server through IIS7. I have been researching for 2 weeks but cannot get the app to host correctly. I have hosted classic asp apps on here no problem but am stuck with the cshtml hosting.

so far I have:

created the app
tested locally in webmatrix
copied to server wwwroot
opened IIS7, right clicked on folder and convert to application.
created an app pool with .NET 4.0 set and placed the folder in this app pool.
set all permissions correctly

I have other classic asp apps working fine form here and have set the same perms.

I keep getting the message:

This type of page is not served.
Description: The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden. The extension '.cshtml' may be incorrect. Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /cortest/login.cshtml

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1031

does anyone know what I have missed?

Once I have done this once I'm all set. I have been googling for 2 weeks, please help.

any help is greatly appreciated!

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

You may try to upgrade to the latest .NET framework (www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653) or install Visual Studio 2015 as suggested by Webmaster (which will automatically install the .NET Framework).

Or check this link for more information:
http://www.asp.net/web-pages/overview/t ... ting-guide

ashworth81
User

Post by ashworth81 »

For the benefit of other noobs, I managed to get the project working in IIS7 by installing .net 4.5 and following the below... (restarting the server after each install)

Basically, if you're on a 64-bit machine, IIS 7 is not (by default) serving 32-bit apps, which the database engine operates on. So here is exactly what you do:

1) ensure that the 2007 database engine is installed, this can be downloaded at: hxxp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.asp ... laylang=en

2) open IIS7 manager, and open the Application Pools area. On the right sidebar, you will see an option that says "Set application pool defaults". Click it, and a window will pop up with the options.

3) the second field down, which says 'Enable 32-bit applications' is probably set to FALSE by default. Simply click where it says 'false' to change it to 'true'.

4) Restart your app pool (you can do this by hitting RECYCLE instead of STOP then START, which will also work).

5) done, and your error message will go away.

Ahafiz107
User

Post by Ahafiz107 »

<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" />
<urlCompression doStaticCompression="False" doDynamicCompression="False" />
<staticContent>
<mimeMap fileExtension=".cshtml" mimeType="text/html" />
</staticContent>
<defaultDocument>
<files>
<clear/>
<add value="default.cshtml" />