Missing Functions of built-in jQuery

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
raijinstorm123
User

Missing Functions of built-in jQuery

Post by raijinstorm123 »

I skimmed the code of jquery of ASP.NET Maker 12.0.3 and the jquery of jquery.com and some functions like prepend do not function. I also tried adding the original jquery from jquery.com using ew_AddClientScript("aspxjs/jquery-1.11.0.js"); but the console of my browser displays

TypeError: n.isString is not a function ewx12.js:4:27179
TypeError: e(...).closest(...).add(...).tooltip is not a function

Can it be possible to merge the functions of the built-in and original jquery without conflicting both? or some other way? Thanks

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

Why do you want to load another jquery-1.11.0.js instead of the built-in one in the template?

Just use the jQuery version in the template should be fine.

raijinstorm123
User

Post by raijinstorm123 »

Thank you.. Yes, I have found a way. That is, the proper syntax in my jquery file. And i no longer add again the jquery in the page head.

raijinstorm123
User

Post by raijinstorm123 »

Then if we want to use newer version of jquery, we just replace the jquery in the template file. Is it correct?

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

If you use the same name (jquery-1.11.2.min.js), you can just replace the file. Otherwise, you need to modify the template file, aspxfn.cs. Find this line:
var v = "1.11.2";

And replace the version that you use.

See Customizing Template in help file for more details.

raijinstorm123
User

Post by raijinstorm123 »

Okay it's working. Thanks for the useful information.