Update several table from one page

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
Hwasly
User

Update several table from one page

Post by Hwasly »

Hi.
I have purchased ASP.Net maker and i want to ask if the above subject is available on it or any tips/ticks to do it.
I have a different tables for employee information and i want to put them in one page as tabs or wizard to make it easy for user entity.
Please advice?

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

You can not update more than one table. However, you can make use of the UpdateTable property in the Row_Inserting server event to insert into the main table. For example:

UpdateTable = "<MainTable>";

Just make sure that only the fields from the main table is selected for insert.

Then, you can execute your insert statement (ew_Execute(INSERT ***)) to other tables in Row_Inserting server event. See Server event and Client script in help file.

Hwasly
User

Post by Hwasly »

Thanks for your response.
I believe that this won't work with different tables. It is ok with one or two table.
i am disrupting employee information on several tables so i need to use different way.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Try setting up as master/details using the employee table as the master. You can then perform master/detail add/edit on the employees table and the related tables.