Problem with the Detail Table

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
appu1
User

Problem with the Detail Table

Post by appu1 »

hi

I have one master and more than 30 detail. like one student have 30 different type of form to fill. now i have two case

1> Is there any way to put all the detail table vertical ?
because right now it gives all the detail table in horizontal and user will have to scroll horizontally very long..

2>Is there any way to change the tool tip value of detail table ?
because right now i want to rename these detail table as 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc and when any one scroll cursor on the detail table like 1 then it will give the detail table name "Student Registration".

kindly help me to overcome this situation .. thanks in Advance...... :)

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

1) You can use ListOptions_Rendered server event (see Server Events and Client Scripts in the help file) to merge the columns and of necessary, insert <br> to Body property of the list option, e.g. by replace </a> by </a><br>,
2) Also use ListOptions_Rendered server event to add/replace alt/title attributes if the a/img tags. Alternatively, you can use Startup Script (see Server Events and Client Scripts in the help file) and use jQuery to modify the attributes of the tags.

appu1
User

Post by appu1 »

First thanks for Response .. Can you Please Eloborate it
"1) You can use ListOptions_Rendered server event (see Server Events and Client Scripts in the help file) to merge the columns and of necessary, insert <br> to Body property of the list option, e.g. by replace </a> by </a><br>,"

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

1. Create a new column, see the sample Server Events and Client Scripts in the help file,
  2. Concat the content, e.g. (C#)
    ListOptions["new"].Body = ListOptions["detail_xxx"].Body + "<br>" + ListOptions["detail_yyy"].Body + ...; // see ListOptions_Load in the help file about the column(list option) names
  3. Hide the original columns, e.g.
    ListOptions["detail_xxx"].Visible = false;
    ListOptions["detail_yyy"].Visible = false;

appu1
User

Post by appu1 »

Thanks, got that point , really it works thanks a lot ...
mean while I find one more way ...
var item = ListOptions.Merge("_", "<br>");
I just write this in list option rendered server event and it just collapse all column and give all the detail in vertical list.
again thanks.

VanessaOlimpio
User

Post by VanessaOlimpio »

I would like more detail on the subject, a more clear example in which the functions I use this code, and this is to master detail in inseção?

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

The server events are ListOptions_Load/ListOptions_Rendered. If you use v12 or later, you can enable the option "Use button dropdown for links". You may elaborate what's your issue.