Open Record for View/Add/Edit in Modal Instead of New Page

ach8
User

Ajax List/Search/Add/Edit/View Pages

Post by ach8 »

Page List, Search, Add, Edit, View use AJAX to load.

super20g
User

Post by super20g »

It would be very nice to have the ability to open the view, add, and edit pages in a popup modal (with the background page greyed out a little to bring focus to the modal) over the page you are you are clicking the link from instead of the current workflow of leaving the page entirely and opening the record in a new page.

I think this would look great and be a very welcomed future enhancement.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

andyrav
User

Post by andyrav »

Nice feature. bump.

bkonia
User

Post by bkonia »

Yes, please!

btrade
User

Post by btrade »

Yes + 1

Bishu
User

Post by Bishu »

+1

ahmedhsn
User

Post by ahmedhsn »

+1

digitalphotoworld
User

Post by digitalphotoworld »

Basically a good idea, but the implementation is likely very difficult.

If a record is added, it may be that in the server-events are running many processes. Row-Rendering-Event for example. If I want a specific color for a field, depending on it's value or the value of another row. This events have impact on the list-page. This can only handled with ajax. And what is with pages that include a Google map? When a record is added, I expect that the new marker apears on the map immediately, without reloding the page.

I think for the View page, it is not a big problem. But for Add and edit I see many difficulties.

But I would appricate to see such a feature, even if it works only for View-Page.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

I vote for this, too.

This should be easy to implement, as well as the "Advanced Search Page" which is displayed in the "Modal Dialog" box.

When a new record is added, then system should have two options whether to use HTTP POST or AJAX to load/refresh the List Page. See the analog of this from "Row_CustomAction" server event.

If using AJAX to load the List Page, then the "Row_Rendered" should be called as well as when the current List Page is loaded/refreshed manually.

greenfish
User

Post by greenfish »

+1

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Thanks for adding this feature in PHPMaker v2017. Just saw it today.

ahmedhsn
User

Post by ahmedhsn »

Realy Thanks for adding the feature