Better code editor

sclg

Wrap long lines in the code editor

Post by sclg »

Hi,
Is it possible to make long lines wrap in the code editor?

Writing server events, I often find I have to scroll the page sideways.

Have i missed something??
If not, can I add it as a feature request.
Thanks
steve

boipisik

Post by boipisik »

It would be nice if we can customize the font color, size, type, background color of the server/client script similar to those open source code editior.

martian

Post by martian »

The text editor used for editing the server/client scripts is terrible. Specifically the cursor in whitespace, spaces for tabs, and no auto-indentation.

netinho
User

Post by netinho »

hello, a better code editor will be welcome. with auto-complete for php, jquery, bootstrap and css. with reference to functions from internet and could access references in browser. thanks.

ghasembaghi
User

Post by ghasembaghi »

Code highlight
Intelligent syntax highlighting
Code completion (code insight) for PHP with OOP support
Code tip for PHP (helps you completing your functions as you type)
Automatic close single- or double quotes, brackets etc.
PHP code beautifier with profile support
Enclose strings with single- or double quotes, linefeed, carriage return or tabs
Smart comment/uncomment of code
Real time syntax check for PHP, HTML/XHTML and CSS
Real time syntax check for PHP using the PHP interpreter from php.net

zimmerlis
User

Post by zimmerlis »

I agree, a better code editor would be nice.

One think that could be easy implemented in all of the code hooks is, right click contect action: "Open in external Editor".
Then it would be fine that I can define my prefered Code Editor like notepad++ scite etc.

Advantage: I could also define the project folder in my text editor, so that it would be possible also to work with code completion in editors like geany dot org

regards, René

ruturaaj
User

Post by ruturaaj »

Hello,

I find the best part of PHPMaker is its flexibility. There are several Server and Client events which allow us to write code and customize the output beyond the GUI capabilities of PHPMaker. However, it will be great if PHPMaker team can come up with a much better in-built code editor with Intellisense to Auto-complete the code. It will not only save time but also help the new developers like me to learn all available functions and classes.

Cheers,
Ruturaaj.

Chris
User

Post by Chris »

A code editor needs to follow tabs and line endings strictly. Currently you can select anywhere in the editor and keep typing, and it pads everything with spaces.

I'd suggest integrating something open source preferably to allow code folding. This is a major plus, particularly when working on large scripts.

Something with syntax checking and highlighting, auto-complete and code folding preferably.

Atom or Notepad++ would both be worthy replacements, both are free and offer all the requirements!

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

I'm in.
Built-in syntax highlighting is GREAT.
External code editor is EXTREMELY GREAT.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Try v2022.2, see Code Editor.