custom fields

liquid

custom fields

Post by liquid »

basically on the table view grid after the application has connected to the db and load all the fields, i want to be able to add a custom field thats not in the table at the bottom of the grid and give it a name. now those custom fields could have the option to do anything after. like lookup or insert/edit/delete on a child table.

komlos

Post by komlos »

The ability to add cusom fields that are not in the database. This is an absolute must have feaure that I always miss when creating projects.

Fred

Post by Fred »

I have a way to do that: create a custom view with a new field. I use it to create buttons etc.

fifisave
User

Post by fifisave »

The potentiel solution will be to store into the database the new field and the configuration of this field.(by adding a field my be or using an external table)
Have a look at a Wordpress plugin like Formcraft which is storing fields into databse records.
I hope this help..
Regards
PSAVE

Giblet535
User

Post by Giblet535 »

Able to (optionally) specify the SQL for a field.

Option of manually specifying the "Link Field" and "Display Fields", based on column index, and a multiline textbox to put SQL code into. If SQL columns don't line up with specification, throw an error at runtime.

Example: -----
Link Field: COLUMN 1
Display Field 1: COLUMN 0
Display Field 2: COLUMN 2

Custom SQL: [SELECT Manufacturer, id, URL_Buy_Now FROM PHP_Generators WHERE Has_CustomSQL_Fields <> FALSE]

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Most of the time, we need to use the custom fields in order to display the Dynamic Selection List without creating the field in the current table. The main reason for this is to avoid the data redundancy.

So, that would be useful to provide the option to create the custom fields in the table-basis which has the ability to act as the Data Lookup and could be connected to other fields in the current table for Dynamic Selection List purpose.