Modal dialogue for lookup propagate selection to lookup

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
drmovi
User

Modal dialogue for lookup propagate selection to lookup

Post by drmovi »

Hi
when using Modal dialogue for lookup with a lookup field and then make a selection from the modal , value will be filled in lookup field while link field value is not propagated. is it normal ?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Did you mean the display field value will be displayed back to the lookup field, instead of the link value itself?

drmovi
User

Post by drmovi »

yes but the logic is also the link field value will be propagated to the hidden field created by system that used to save the link field. this does not occurs. only the displayed selection is propagated to displayed field and also to the hidden link field generated by system

drmovi
User

Post by drmovi »

to illustrate there is 2 fields generated by system when you use look up, one to carry the display filed value which may be text or dropdown as you wish. the other is hidden and is used to store the link field value, what happens when you enable modal lookup is that when you make a selection the display field will be propagated to both displayed field "text or dropdown" and also to the hidden field. i expect that link field value will be propagated to the hidden field but this never happens. so my question is: is this a normal or intended behavior ? or this need some fixes ?

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

No. The hidden input should contain the actual value.
What happen when you submit the record? Does the value inserted as expected?

drmovi
User

Post by drmovi »

The display field value is saved into database and not the link field value

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

You need to provide more information (codes, settings, etc) to solve this problem.
The default behavior is the link field fired into database.
Try to start a new project and keep settings as simple as possible to track down the possible problem.

drmovi
User

Post by drmovi »

I figure out why this happens. this because the i choose a text input instead of dropdown. it seams like modal lookup only work for dropdown field in case you need to link with parent field