Making Extensions

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
mobhar
User

Making Extensions

Post by mobhar »

I created my own Extensions (v2022) and put it into C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2022\extensions folder.

Unfortunately, it does not show up from Tools -> Extensions.

I read from the documentation, Publishing Extensions as follows:

If your extensions are for your own use only, you can simply put your extensions under the extensions folder, e.g. C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker<version>\extensions.

Did I miss something?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

After downloading and installing the latest version, now the extension is shown up, and can be enabled from Tools -> Extensions.

However, when I was trying to re-generate ALL the script files, there was a warning message box appear from PHPMaker application:

Missing package for extension
------------------------------------------------------
The extension is disabled due to missing package

{TheExtensionName}

After closing the warning message box, then I checked the extension is back to disabled (no checked mark) from Tools -> Extensions.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

PHPMaker 2022 extensions are now npm packages. Make sure that your new extension have the file "package.json" in your extension folder in additional to the <extension>.xml file.

Read Making Extensions.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Here is my extension folder/files:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2022\extensions\masinoheaderfooter18 (directory)
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2022\extensions\masinoheaderfooter18\masinoheaderfooter18.xml (file)
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2022\extensions\masinoheaderfooter18\package.json (file)
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2022\extensions\masinoheaderfooter18\index.js (file)

This is the content of masinoheaderfooter18.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ew-extension name="MasinoHeaderFooter18" type="Header and Footer" author="Masino Sinaga">
<project>
    <attribute name="FontFamily" option="comfortaa,exo,montserrat,muli,opensans,poppins,quicksand,roboto,ubuntu" default="opensans" />
</project>
<!-- copy adminlte3 folder -->
<control id="adminlte3_copy" type="copy" action="add" ofolder="adminlte3" ifolder="adminlte3" remark="Copy adminlte3 customization folder" />
</ew-extension>

This is the content of index.js file:

global.myFontFamily = "opensans";

const ext = EXTENSIONS["MasinoHeaderFooter18"]; // Get extension object by package name
if (ext?.Enabled) { // If extension enabled
    myFontFamily = ext.Project?.FontFamily; // Get project level property value by attribute name   
}

Here is my content of package.json file:

{
  "name": "MasinoHeaderFooter18",
  "version": "18.2.0",
  "description": "Customizing Header and Footer",
  "author": "Masino Sinaga",
  "license": "SEE LICENSE IN LICENSE.md",
  "phpmaker": "extension",
  "peerDependencies": {
    "@phpmaker/core": "~18.2.0",
    "@phpmaker/php2022": "~18.2.0"
  },
  "engines": {
    "node": ">=16"
  }
}

There was a warning message: The extension is disabled due to missing package when I was trying to re-generate ALL the script files again.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Please download again: https://phpmaker.dev/download.php.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

After downloading and installing the latest version, now it works properly. Thank you.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

After playing with the new feature in v2022 regarding the Extensions, I think making Extensions in this version is pretty easier and faster than before. No need to zip the files anymore. Thanks again!

leonardopiel
User

Post by leonardopiel »

Please, do you have any tutorial for creating a real simple extension? I am trying to create one to add a text in all page's footer but I do not what I am doing wrong.
Can you help?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

There is no specific tutorial for Making Extensions. However, you may follow this documentation for your references.

In addition, you may see the built-in Extensions that shipped with PHPMaker itself. You may refer to the existing ones if you want to create your own Extensions.