Master/ Detail Table with multiple details table fields

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
mjawad798
User

Master/ Detail Table with multiple details table fields

Post by mjawad798 »

Hi. I have a Master table and 5 detail tables. i want to add the data to all the tables on a single page for which i enabled "multiple detail tables" for master table. similarly i enabled "Master/ Detail Add ( As Detail)" for all my detail tables which worked perfectly. I also selected "Multi-Page type as Tabs" for master table. One of my detail table (say D1) contains more than 30 fields due to which there is horizontal scrolling on the page page. Mentioning here that if i separately Add a record in D1 table, i divided it in Pages (i.e. 10 fields in each page with tab) and it worked fine but the issue is in master detail Add table.
Please suggest me how to handle the detail table D1 fields in Master/Detail add page. Thanks in advance

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

Looking at it logically, if you ahve a form with like 30 fields and you want to add more than one rcord at a time, then arranging them in a list makes more sense, but if for some reason you still want to allow a user to add multiple records at teh same time whre he must fill up a form of so fields for each.

Then first analyse your fields and see how else you would rearrange then, maybe using cards(like google cards) or something like that, or looks around the internet tosee if there are people who have a proposed approach to drawing as a grid input of multiple fields in a neet way.

THEN write jquery in startup scripts of master add page to REORGANISE the interface to tlook the way you want.(AS YOU CAN ALREADY IMAGINE THIS IS AAAAALLLLOOTTT harder than it sounds, thats if you have even found a neet format to begin with.)