Postgresql - List index out of bounds

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
mgqz
User

Postgresql - List index out of bounds

Post by mgqz »

Hello, after setting up PHPMKR18 to test for a project currently in laravel with PostgreSQL I want to connect to a database but it is giving me the error before listing/showing the tables and structure.

The computer is able to access the database installed on a MAC since connecting with the same connection information from NAVICAT lite it DOES connects

I am using the following parameters in PHPM18 and in Navicat, see below. If someone can help

*General Information

Server Type: PostgreSQL
Connection Name: pg mac
Host Name/IP Address: 192.168.2.116
Port: 5432
Initial Database: meteotech
User Name: mtech
Save Password: True

*Other Information

Server Version: 100100
Protocol:

mgqz
User

Post by mgqz »

Hi, updating, I am unable to connect, the connection works testing from another SQL manager like Navicat

Applied the url method, even it says successful upon testing the url, and data parameters are ok same error when trying to connect, does not show the table and an error show LIST INDEX OUT OF BOUNDS (2)

can someone confirm PHPM18 works with postgreSQL, any other place to check a log or troubleshoot?

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

I can confirm that the connection works well i have a number of postgresql dbs, I even updated postgres to latest still no issue, so maybe try any of these
-maybe try reinstalling phpmaker with admin privillages and ensure to run it as admin as well.
-also try to start a blank project and also create new fresh db in postgres for testing, just incase there was an issue with one for the two
-You can also try to connect to db on anothe rserevr incase you have multiple.
_the problem might be something on your machine so if you have a few frineds with postgres try to install phpmaker on other machines and try out the connection from there and see if any of thier machines shows the same problem as well

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

It seems mgqz is right about the issue of PostgreSQL and PHPMaker 2018.

Today, I tried to open my PostgreSQL .pmp file using PHPMaker 2018.0.7, and there was the same error message, too: "Load database demo2018(PostgreSQL) failed. Reason: List index out of bounds (2)". All the tables and views are never loaded completely.

I then checked my related backup .pmp file. It was successfully opened lastly by using PHPMaker 2017 and PostgreSQL v9.6.1, running on Windows 7 Pro.

But when I tried to open that project using PHPMaker 2018.0.7, it failed with error message shown above. FYI, I am now able successfully connect to my PostgreSQL database by using Navicat. I tested this PostgreSQL connection by using PostgreSQL v10.1.13 and running on Windows 10 Pro.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Just wanted to give additional information today regarding this issue.

I switched my laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on February 8, 2018. So, the first time I did since that day is to install a new fresh installation PHPMaker 2018.0.7, tested my .pmp PostgreSQL project, and it failed with the error message: "Load database demo2018(PostgreSQL) failed. Reason: List index out of bounds (2)".

This morning, February 13, 2018, I installed again PHPMaker 2017.0.7 on my laptop that running on Windows 10 Pro, and then tested again my .pmp PostgreSQL project (which lastly is opened by using PHPMaker 2017 that running on Windows 7 Pro). Unfortunately, I also got the same error message above.

So, it seems this issue is related to OS Windows 10 Pro. FYI, I installed PostgreSQL 10.1.13 64 Bit Windows Platforms.

Thoughts?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

PHPMaker has been expecting database version number like 10.2.x but PostgreSQL 10 reports like 10.2. Download PHPMaker again.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

I've just re-downloaded PHPMaker 2018 new version, uninstalled the old version, installed the new version, and now it works properly. The issue has been resolved.

Thank you so much.