Lookup Filter syntax

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
ameisfine
User

Lookup Filter syntax

Post by ameisfine »

Hi master,

In lookup filter, I use Lookup table in child and put filter want to get value from a field from master table.
"Child_Value = 'Master_Value' "

What is the correct syntax?

I m asking about this because I've used filter features and it works fine (lookup selections appear fine) BUT when I select, it returns different value / record, no error message. I'm so confuse, I think it's kind of PHPMaker bug? (V2017) Thanks

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

If you mean you want to have the filter which is filter by the field in Master/Table, you can setup the Parent/Filter #1 in the detail table field.

And set up the Parent/Filter #1 as below.

Parent table: The master table.
Parent field: The parent field in the master table.
Filter field: The parent field in the master table.

If you need more information, post your table schema of the lookup table and the master, detail table to here.

ameisfine
User

Post by ameisfine »

arbei wrote:

Parent table: The master table.
Parent field: The parent field in the master table.
Filter field: The parent field in the master table.

If you need more information, post your table schema of the lookup table
and the master, detail table to here.

Yes I did this, I lookup table 'Sales_Detail_Item', then the list appears. There are many same code sell items, and then I filter by a Sales_Number. I've chosen one and then the result is : It take the same sell item code with different Sales_Number (it always take item from the first sales_number code).. same code item is not problem, but the detail (qty, detail) is different. Seems filtering is not working well here.
Thanks