GRID EDIT - Columns are too wide !!!

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
comercialr4
User

GRID EDIT - Columns are too wide !!!

Post by comercialr4 »

Hi there!,

It seemns that columns are too wide in "GRID EDIT" mode.
So, if my table has morte than 3 columns, it does not fit my screen.

Is there a way to fix columns wide while using "GRID EDIT" mode?

Regards,
Augusto

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

Look at the orderdetails grid edit mode at orderdetailslist.php?a=gridedit indemo project, they have like 6 fields in grid edit but it still fit well. SO problem is either you have header test that is to long, or you have text fields that are too long. SO tyr one of the folowing

1. You can fix the size of each edit field, go to field settings of each of these filed at set the edit tag->size to any number(by default its like 30) and do that for all other fields untill you get right fit.
  2. If you have very long header text, then try to rename the captions of those fields such that they fit.
  3. you can enable scrolling table extension on the table and it will allow user to scroll through horizantally, so it wont matter how long the fields are anyway.

comercialr4
User

Post by comercialr4 »

1. You can fix the size of each edit field, go to field settings of each of these
    filed at set the edit tag->size to any number(by default its like 30) and do that
    for all other fields untill you get right fit.

How do I do that, please?
I could not understand how edit tag works...
can you post an example?

comercialr4
User

Post by comercialr4 »

Tks very much !!!
Excelent explanation!