autofill value cut?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
kurt2000
User

autofill value cut?

Post by kurt2000 »

v2018.05

when i use autofill. phpmaker limit autofill value or cut the text ?

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

1. check your database table or view coonected to autofill and first ensure that the interested filed contains the exact text you wish to see(basically ensure its is not cut off at database level) .
  2. ALso check that the input element in view tag its is autofilling to has no max text limit(ie you should be able to copy one of the values from the database view and paste them into the controll and it still show the full text as well).
  3. Ensure you dont have any client scripts messing up your autocomplete(you can try to set it up on a fresh table or view with no other customizations to see if it still be haves the same)

Apart from those two, you should maybe tell us your database shema, with some example data as well as an explanation of where all this is coming from and what you want to achive so others can simulate your problem.

ALso what do you mean by value gets cut, give us an example of an expected value and what it gets cut to as well as related settings.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Can you tell us how the value cut?

I tried to autofill a value with more than 200 character, but it can filled to the textbox correctly.

Double check if you have set the Maxlength in the Edit Tag which may limit the size of the textbox.

kurt2000
User

Post by kurt2000 »

likely limited to 496 character ..

i need up to 2000 char

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

kurt2000 wrote:
i need up to 2000 char

What datatype are you using?
For characters that long normally you would go with TEXT.
But if for any reasons you have to keep it as varchar, few things need to be check.

• the db can store value that long. (old mysql machine can't store that long value as varchar).
  • Field Setup -> Data Type / Size, gives the correct values as defined in db.