Disabling ewlookup13.php (v2017)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
asirha
User

Disabling ewlookup13.php (v2017)

Post by asirha »

Hi,
Is there any way to disable items lookup using ewlookup13.php? (for radios, selects, checkboxes and etc.) and back to something like pre v12.
I've many forms with more than 10 fields and these multiple requests to ewlookup13.php make the server processing very slow. I think an option for switching this feature on/off can help to load pages faster.

Thanks in advance

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

I can't understand the problem.
If you disable ewlookup then how will you get the lookup value?

I'm using v2018 (ewlookup14.php) and this is how it goes:

1. on List and View page, there are NO ewlookup.
    This is good since you don't want to load all the lookup value to display only one (some) selected value.

2. on Add and Edit page, there are ewlookup.
    This is also good since you don't want to wait for ajax to take the value. It's already loaded in the beginning.

So I can't understand the nature of your problem. Please elaborate more.

asirha
User

Post by asirha »

Thanks for your reply.

That's right, as you mentioned the looking up values is used for Add and Edit pages.
The problem is there are about 10-20 fields in my forms and each field sends a request to get values (to ewlookup1x.php), totally about 20 HTTP POST request to server for browsing each page. When my users try to load Add & Edit pages, it makes many requests to server (specifically ewlookup1x.php) and uses many resources on server that cause errors or delay in browsing PHPMaker generated pages.
I remember that in previous versions of PHPMaker all values (for radio, checkbox, select) were loaded at the same process in browsing page.

So my question is, Is there any way to disable looking up values using AJAX and back to something that I've explained in previous versions of PHPMaker?

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

I'm afraid there isn't.
How long exactly to load your page?
As a workaround, for a short list lookup, you can use User Values instead.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

asirha wrote:
Is there any way to disable looking up values using AJAX and back to something that
I've explained in previous versions of PHPMaker?

No. From v12, Lookup Table always use Ajax and the "Use Ajax" option in previous versions has been removed.

asirha
User

Post by asirha »

Thanks for your replies.

ewLookupX.php is great, but I hope to have this as an option.
I think the only way at this time is increasing server resources for me.