Access violation error after saving Master/Detail Settings

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
mobhar
User

Access violation error after saving Master/Detail Settings

Post by mobhar »

PHPMaker v2018.0.5.

I've just found out an issue today. There is a popup error message from PHPMaker application:

"Access violation at address 01A24B4D in module 'PHPMaker.exe'. Read of address 00000000"

Thie error happend when I was clicking on another table in "Database" pane after setting up a Master/Detail relationship.

Each time I added a Master/Detail relationship from "Table" setup by enabling "Referential Integrity", "Cascade Delete", and "Cascade Update", then I saved the project, it was working successfully. After that, I clicked on another table in "Database" pane, nothing happened. But, after clicking on another table again in "Database" pane, then I got that error above.

After I clicked on the OK button on the popup error message above to close the message, then I cannot click/select any table in "Database" pane. It seems PHPMaker just hang. I must close the PHPMaker application, and reload the project again.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Cannot reproduce. As a registered user you can send your project file to support and provide the steps to reproduce the error:
http://www.hkvstore.com/phpmaker/support.asp

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

@mobhar
To avoid losing progress,Although I also recall cases when after going throught the access violation dialog it just hand BUT If you still see the access violation dialogs, just ensure to click ok multiple times until they fully disappear then save your project and close it.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

When I was using demo project (MySQL Database), then this error does not happened. But, when I was using SQL Server Database, it happened again and again. Just additional information, I am running PHPMaker 2018.0.5 on operating system Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1.

Unfortunately, due to the complexity of my project, I cannot send the project and database file.

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

Although I still go them on windows 7, I am on windows 10

for me it happens on any project as long as I leave phpmaker project open and I switch user accounts, when I come back to my original account, The access violation errors start to appear.
It has also happened randomly in some cases but this is the only one I never fail to see everytime I do it

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Cannot reproduce with MSSQL either.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Yep, I've just reproduced the issue by creating a simple project with MSSQL database, and everything seems working fine. No popup message error displayed.

However, I will try to send my project and database file that raise that error to support for checking, after removing some part of code/settings that depends on the third party extension/template.

Thank you.