First time compile error missing audittrail.php

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Ray Hendler
User

First time compile error missing audittrail.php

Post by Ray Hendler »

After following all the steps in tutorial, set up DB, point of compile (to localhost/) I get the above error.
A search of the drive finds no file named Audittrail.php

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

Check your audittrail setting under PHP -> General Options -> Audit Trail
It's likely you disable this setting while enable Audit Trail in Table Setup.

Ray Hendler
User

Post by Ray Hendler »

Tx for the reply, I understand the logic. The two parts looked at ...
A. Tables setting. Only two tables thus far for trial, far to the right is column for Audit Trail box, both clear
B. PHP | General Settings. NO cache = ON, (default)
.....tried Track login, whether Checked or not, on save, displays could not compile "Missing Audittrail.php"
.....tried Enter a folder when empty or when I entered a folder "logs/" made no difference,
Am I missing another setting perhaps?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

If you are a registered user, then make sure update the template to the latest version from "Tools" -> "Update Template".

If you are not a registered user, then download the template file from this page: http://www.hkvstore.com/phpmaker/download.asp scroll down to that page and click on "Template file only", and then copy/replace the existing template file in "template" sub-folder under your PHPMaker folder target installation.

Make sure you have already remove the cache from "Tools" -> "Delete Template Cache" before regenerating ALL the script files again.

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

I think some audit trail setting might be lingering in your project.

1. try downloading the demo project and see if it can compile successfully.
    If it works then
    try creating a new clean project and just connect to the database, DONT set any audit trail settings anywhere and compile and see if it works.
    If that works, then check to see what the difference is and set your desired audit trail settings carefully

Ray Hendler
User

Post by Ray Hendler »

@mobhar. Replaced the template file after clearing cache and it completed compile. THANK YOU.
@kirondedshem. The simple example I followed - used SQLYOG to set up the db. Will not start. So I will try your suggestion to find the missing link.

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

Audit Trail consist of several parts:

1. It is an extension. You need to check Tools -> Extensions to enable and settings.
  2. It is a "special table". PHP -> General Options -> Audit Trail. You have two options here, either use db table or log file for the audit. If you use db table you need to check that all columns needed for the audit are exist within the table.
  3. It is a Table Settings. You have to enable it for every table you need to be audited.

Something goes wrong...check the above 3 parts one-by-one.

Ray Hendler
User

Post by Ray Hendler »

I followed ALL THE ADVICE GIVEN, but then I found Mysql was reporting an error in Xampp dashboard.
Log off and on freed that up and all went as it should. Thanks all.