Date Picker and FieldSetup -> Format Date/Time (dmyHis)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
phpmakerfan
User

Date Picker and FieldSetup -> Format Date/Time (dmyHis)

Post by phpmakerfan »

If I use the Date/Time format for a field with 'Date/Time named format' dmyHis and in validation I select 'Use date/time picker' then the date/time picker is still in format dmYHis (not dmyHis) and I'm not able to edit or add this record because the validation.

I tried to change this to Tool => Extensions => Date/Time Picker => Advanced but when i see the source of the edit-page is still on "format":17

Is this something I can fix?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Simply click on "Tools" -> "Locale Settings" -> select the language you are using for your project, adjust the date format, then re-generate ALL the script files again.

If you host your web application to live server, then make sure you have already also re-uploaded all the files under the generated "phplocale" sub-folder.

phpmakerfan
User

Post by phpmakerfan »

As a wrote I did change the format. I tried with {"format":"MM/YYYY"} (see on the website of third-party tools: http :// eonasdan.github.io / bootstrap-datetimepicker / #custom-formats).

But this does not help.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You cannot change the format to MM/YYYY since it contains the separator and this format is not supported by PHPMaker. Date format should represents date, month, and year values, and also without separator.

phpmakerfan
User

Post by phpmakerfan »

mobhar: did you read the page I wrote earlier? "MM/YYYY" was only an example..

The case is this: In filed settings you can choose dmyHis (Date/Time with 2digit-dayofmonth, 2-digit-monthofyear, 2-digit-year, 2-digit-hour, 2-digit-minute, 2-digit-seconds) as format. But the DateTime Picker (Extension of phpmaker, I'm registered user) have year always as 4 digit value.

Do you know what JSON string I have to put in extension-configuration (Tools => Extension) that I can have a DateTime Picker with a 2-digit-year?

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

According to this: github . com / Eonasdan/bootstrap-datetimepicker/pull/666
It doesn't naturally support short year format. But it introduced extraFormat to nested short year inside long year.

Since it used moment also check moment language files <app folder>\moment\locale , it might be something there.

AND...
Please post your final/working code. This thing could become handy :)

Good luck.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

phpmakerfan wrote:
i see the source of the edit-page is still on "format":17

After "format":17

add this code at the same line above:
, "extraFormats": "DD.MM.YY"

So the final result should be like this:
"format":17, "extraFormats": "DD.MM.YY"

I've just tried, and it works properly. In other words, at the moment, you need to customize the generated script file.

Note, adding "extraFormats": "DD.MM.YY" code in "Options" section of DateTimePicker extension seems not be applied in the generated script files. I think this is something that needs to be checked by PHPMaker Developer Team.

phpmakerfan
User

Post by phpmakerfan »

Thanks mobar. But you know: to change generated pages cant be the solution.

I am a registered user and I contacted support and they did send me a new extension for DateTimePicker.