Disabling the add and edit button automatically

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
peterpejavi
User

Disabling the add and edit button automatically

Post by peterpejavi »

i have made a system using phpmaker 2018 where users upload documents online, after a certain period i want the add and edit functionalities to be disabled, is there a way to trigger this automatically or it can only be done manually disabled from the admin panel.

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

as long as you have a condition that needs to fullfilled to diable the add and edit, you just have to know the right events for the job. You can use that condition to hide the add and edit buttons when you need to.
forexample here I am hiding the add button from the list page
function Page_DataRendering(&$header) {
// Example:
//$header = "your header";
//hide add button, you can add condition beofre this
$this->OtherOptions["addedit"]->Items["add"]->Visible = FALSE;

}

and here I am hiding the edit option form the records in the list page
function ListOptions_Rendered() {
// Example:
//$this->ListOptions->Items["new"]->Body = "xxx";
//or even include record filed values, get the filed value of a record like this $this->field_name->CurrentValue
//remove edit option from a record in the list, you can add condition
$this->ListOptions->Items["edit"]->Visible = FALSE;

}

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

peterpejavi wrote:
after a certain period i want the add and edit functionalities to be
disabled, is there a way to trigger this automatically

Yes, you need to add your logic/condition to make sure the buttons are disabled after that certain period comes. For example, you have already had the information about upload date, and you want the buttons are disabled after 3 days since that date.

$dUpload = '2017-11-12'; // you can also get the date from database using ew_ExecuteScalar() function
$dExpired = date('Y-m-d', strtotime($dUpload . " + 3 days")); // expired should be started on 2017-11-15
$dNow = date('Y-m-d');

if (strtotime($dNow) >= strtotime($dExpired)) {
// your code to disable buttons goes here ...
}

peterpejavi
User

Post by peterpejavi »

Thanks for your assistance, i truly appreciate, i am working on the issue, if i face any hiccup i will certainly post it here!