Problems in add page in different tabs

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
fvercesi
User

Problems in add page in different tabs

Post by fvercesi »

Hello,

There is a situation (which can be played in the demo application) involving the add page.

If you open the two pages below in different tabs of your browser, you can reproduce the error:

[://download.hkvstore.com]/phpdemo2018/ordersview.php?showdetail=orderdetails&OrderID=11076
[://download.hkvstore.com]/phpdemo2018/ordersview.php?showdetail=orderdetails&OrderID=11077

On the first page, click the button to add a record to the orderdetails table. Do the same thing on the other tab. You should now have in both tabs the add page for the orderdetails table.

However, note that in both tabs the Order ID field will be the same. This should not occur, since on each tab I am adding a record linked to a different Order ID.

I believe the problem is because the Order ID information is stored in a session variable. However, PHPMaker should anticipate this.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Regards,
Filipe

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Then simply do not open a new tab for another record while you are adding a new record for such case. That's the only closest solution at the moment.

fvercesi
User

Post by fvercesi »

Unfortunately this solution is not for me. I used PHPMaker to build a Service Desk application and in this case we need to work with multiple tabs, because each one represents a ticket. I hope that situation will
be corrected soon enough.
For now I'm using an alternative that involves passing the FK ID via parameter using the GET method.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

If you are a registered user of v2018 you can click Tools -> Update Template to update to the latest template and try again.