Server 500 error on View with no search criteria (v2017)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
perci100
User

Server 500 error on View with no search criteria (v2017)

Post by perci100 »

When I try to view a record from the list page I am getting a server 500 error . This only happens when there is no search criteria. If I have any search criteria in the list page the view comes up fine.

I am using modal although the same happens without it. I cant find anything in debug mode and no errors when i set error reporting to 1 with PHP , Any ideas what this could be or a better way to debug? Browser isnt spitting out any info.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

1. What PHPMaker version are you using? Have you already tried the latest version, 2018?
  2. Did you write your code in any Server Events or Client Scripts section? If so, please review your code that probably will cause the problem.

perci100
User

Post by perci100 »

Whats weird is when there is search criteria view works fine.

I tried upgrading to 2018 to see if it would fix it and same result. I enabled full error reporting on the page itself and it still wont kick back anything other than a 500 error

I have a ton of server code everywhere as this is a very large application at this point. I went through it . Nothing changed before it started to happen that seemed to cause it.

I will try to add error reporting to the php.ini instead of just by file see if that helps because its grabbing the modal from a different page or something. Seems weird i would not get some kind of error back.

ill also check my server logs (LAMP)

Thanks guys

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

500 is server error but what you posted is client side JavaScript error, it is irrelevant.

This only happens when there is no search criteria.

If you have problem with large number of records. Configure your php.ini to increase the memory limit and maximum execution time, read:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.p ... mory-limit
http://www.php.net/manual/en/info.confi ... ution-time

I have a ton of server code everywhere...

Remove your server events and test.

perci100
User

Post by perci100 »

Just wanted to post back and say the issue was memory_limit
I had changed it in the wrong php.ini file previously and it was still set to 128m

Thank you and I apologize i was wrong.