No Edit button is displayed on View Page

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
PauetValencia
User

No Edit button is displayed on View Page

Post by PauetValencia »

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem on the "view" page. I do not get the option of "Edit" or the detail page. I have set the "master / detail" option in the page setup zone and the master pages display it without problems. Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

Thank you all!

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

Read about Table setup in help menu but in short
If you already have your master detail relationship setup, then

1. go to the detail table and click on table setup tab.
  2. scroll to list page properties. then enable/tick the following.
    Master/Detail-Edit (as detail table) ->this allows to edit detail records on master edit page

Others
Master/Detail-View (as detail table) -> allows to view detail records on master view page
Master/Detail-Add (as detail table) -> allows to add detail records on master add page

Also
-ensure the user accessing it has permission to edit on that table.
-Ensure that you have allowed the master page to generate an edit page by enabling edit on the edit page section of table settings for the master page.
-Ensure that you have allowed the detail page to generate an edit page by enabling edit on the edit page section of table settings for the detail page.
-the above two steps also apply for adding and viewing on both tables in relationship, just tick add and view appropriately.