Changing computer

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
vertigo666
User

Changing computer

Post by vertigo666 »

I have my project done in phpmaker and php report maker, but these I have in a computer that does not belong to me and I would like to uninstall my phpmaker exe and php report maker exe by the license, but I have these doubts:

1. Will my program work as it is now?
    2.in case of a new installation in the future. Would you just copy and paste into the folder on my web server all files generated by phpmaker and php report maker ?.
  2. In the case of the database, my program works under a user and password set by me, but in the future if you wanted to change that user and password, would you need phpmaker to resynchronize everything again or could do it through line changes in the code? where would you make these changes ?.

That another recommendation give me to leave my work working properly and that in the future in case of a new installation this can be the easiest for people who use the program, keep in mind that they do not have a phpmaker product.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

1. Yes, your PHPMaker and PHP Report Maker applications will work in another computer, as long as you have already had the license for it.

2. Yes, you just need to copy and paste into your another web server.

3. To resynchronize your project file with the change in the Database side, then you may simply change the database username and password from "Database" tab, then click on "Tools" -> "Synchronize", and accept/apply the update/changes, afterwards save your project file as usual.

vertigo666
User

Post by vertigo666 »

thank you very much mobhar and of course buy my license is why I do not want to leave my product where I do my work only generated codes.

now with regard to the database, I understand that in the future these people for whom I work will need phpmaker to synchronize the changes again, it is not possible to do it through changes in code lines, or this is very difficult long and much experience in the theme?.

assuming that the database must be identical to the one used when generating the whole code.

sangnandar
User

Post by sangnandar »

In case of only connection string (host,port,username,password) you can change them in ewcfg*.php of generated files.
As long as the db name and structure are identical, I think no problem (haven't tried yet).

vertigo666
User

Post by vertigo666 »

I will try and comment as I did, thank you very much