Linked Table Records on a new page

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
johnberman
User

Linked Table Records on a new page

Post by johnberman »

PHPMaker 2017

I have a a linked table and use the Extensions Detail Preview

On the lookup page I get a little plus sign and when clicked it displays the linked records as expected.

What I would like is to have the records displayed on a new page - it was not obvious how to do this ?

John B

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You can use jQuery function attr() to add the "target" attribute to the link in Startup Script.

For example:
$("#<ID of the element>").attr("target","new");

You can check the ID of the control by right click on it and select [Inspect].

johnberman
User

Post by johnberman »

Thanks

I have tried the following in List Page \ Startup but neither make any difference

$("#ewPreviewRowBtn icon-expand").attr("target","new");

$("#el1_duration_lookup_preview").attr("target","new");

I guess Im not correctly identifying the ID of the control ?

Sorry I should know by now

John B

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Your post is not clear enough. Can you explain it in more detail by using the demo project?

You may use "orders" and "orderdetails" table for such case. In other words, do you want to display the "orderdetails" records in a new page when user expand the Preview Row area? Is that what you would like to do?

johnberman
User

Post by johnberman »

do you want to display the "orderdetails" records in a new page when user expand the Preview Row area? Is that what you would like to do?

Yes this is what I would like to do please

John B

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Well, I don't suggest you to change that functionality of that expanded/collapsed button, since this button is suitable to expand/collapse the Preview Row area at the same page.

If you want to display the Preview Row area on a new page, then you should enable "PreviewOverlay" option from "Tools" -> "Extensions" -> "Preview" -> "Advanced" -> "Table", and then use "Page_Render" under "Server Events" -> "Table-Specific" -> "Preview Page" to add a new button/link that will point to open Master/Detail List page in a new page.

johnberman
User

Post by johnberman »

thanks - worked a treat

John B