Select records from more than one listpage

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
boribon2
User

Select records from more than one listpage

Post by boribon2 »

I would like to select records by checkbox from a table. For example I have to select the 1,2,3. records and the 25. record at once. The 25. record is on the second list page, so I can't select with the 1,2,3. records. I would like after the user click on the next button, the selected records stay active on the previous list page, so it can be selectable the records from more then one list page.

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

If I understand you correct then all the records are on the same list page eg my tablelist.php page but different pages due to pagination setting
If you are using the default multi select like the one used when you want to do a multi delete or submit to a custom action event, then i suggest:

1. you set default pagination setting to show all records on the list such that users can see all of them and tick whatever they want. But i belive if a user is well informed he will learn how to set page size so that he can see adjust it untill he sses all records of interest on the same page
  2. If records 1,2,3 & 25 have some sort of relation, then enable search & advanced serach and inform users that they can filter out records such that they cna get only records of interest to show on list.

.Is there a reason why users cant just use pagination or whey they cant just tick 1,2 & 3 then perform an action, just proceed to page 2 and tick 25 and perform the same action.

boribon2
User

Post by boribon2 »

The selectable page sizes is a good idea, I did'nt think of it. Thank you.