Invalid Data in index on save

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
andyrav
User

Invalid Data in index on save

Post by andyrav »

Hi
when i try and save the project i am getting the following error
Invalid data in index - incorrect head signature
any ideas?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

It seems that your project backup data is corrupted. Did you unintentionally do something in the backup folder (default is C:\Users\<user>\Documents\PHPMaker\Backup\.git)?

Try click Project -> "Save a copy..." to save your project.

If it does not work, you can try delete hidden folder C:\Users\<user>\Documents\PHPMaker\Backup\.git but project history will be lost. BACKUP YOUR PROJECT FIRST.

andyrav
User

Post by andyrav »

Hi
I deleted the .git folder and tired to save again with the same error.

papirri3
User

Post by papirri3 »

Im having the same issue.

ERROR Invalid data in index - Incorrect header signature while saving project

How do I fix it?

andyrav
User

Post by andyrav »

Hi
i backed up the projectid then changed it, then the project would save. then changed it back and saved.

rvanore
User

Post by rvanore »

I have projects in 2022 and in 2020 and all are now throwing this error. I am unable to save any project. Save, save as, save a copy all return with "invalid data in index - incorrect header signature" The solution in this post does not work. I have deleted the .git folder and nothing has changed.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Double check your v2022 project backup files, try to open and save it, does it work?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Webmaster wrote:

If it does not work, you can try delete hidden folder
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\PHPMaker\Backup\.git but project history will be lost. BACKUP YOUR PROJECT FIRST.

The error "invalid data in index - incorrect header signature" means the Git data is corrupted, above should work.

If not, your project might be corrupted, since you have already deleted the Git data, you cannot revert to old version by Git. You may find a backed up project in the C:\Users\<user>\Documents\PHPMaker\Backup folder.

If you enabled backup to Github, then you may get an older version from your Github repo.