You do not have permission to access /xxx.php

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
johnberman
User

You do not have permission to access /xxx.php

Post by johnberman »

I have a contributor table which amongst other things includes user_id - Unique

I have a meteor_events table which amongst other things includes event_id - Unique and user_id
So a user may have many records in meteor_events

and then a number of custom pages ie Welcome.php which just contains text

So an Anonymous user can access and view everthing

Hard coded admin can login and see everything and edit, delete etc

When a contributor logins in (using email addres and password ) from the contributor table I get the error message

You do not have permission to access /index.php - If I manually type the site name and welcome.php I get You do not have permission to access /welcome.php

Security \ Advanced
UserID Field - user_id / parent user id field - user_id
meteor_events user_id field has user_id selected.
All tables have Allow View All boxes ticked

User levels
Anonymous
all tables ticked for list, search and view
welcome page ticked for list

Administrator
not touched

all tables ticked for list, search and view and meter_events ticked for delete, edit etc
welcome page ticked for list

im sure what ever im doing wrong is simple because it worked once

Help really appreciated - I have read the help files and im sure its setup correctly

John B

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

You did not mention if you are using Static or Dynamic User Level Security. If static, you can setup in PHPMaker UI, just make sure you have re-generate the <ProjectID>.xml file under the "<ProjectName>" subfolder. If dynamic, the permissions are stored in User Level Permission table in your database, you need to login the generated site as Administrator and setup the permissions for each user level (not setting up in the PHPMaker UI). Read the two tutorials on Static and Dynamic User Level Security in the help file.