Extract a value from a table at the time of capture

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
eayvl
User

Extract a value from a table at the time of capture

Post by eayvl »

I need to extract a value from a table, at the time of capture, example:

Table1
idbuscar / TABULADOR / MENSUAL / DIARIO
1 / NORMAL / 2,400.00 / 80.00
1 / NORMAL / 4,500.00 / 100.00
2 / ESPECIAL / 2,400.00 / 120.00
2 / ESPECIAL / 4,500.00 / 200.00

I have 4 fields on my capture page: tabulador, mensual, diario.

In field "tabulador" i have a combobox selection ( NORMAL, ESPECIAL )
in field "mensual" when the salary is entered, I need to search the table1
In field "diario" is the result.

For Example: If I select "NORMAL" and i capture, "3,000.00" the result must appear in field "diario" with "80.00".

I do not know how to do it, but I think the code has to be in:

// Page Loading event
function Page_Loading() {
//echo "Page Loading";
}
// Get a field value
// NOTE: Modify your SQL here, replace the table name, field name and the condition
$MyField = ew_ExecuteScalar("SELECT MyField FROM MyTable WHERE XXX");

Thanks in advance.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

It seems you may simply use "Dynamic Selection List" and "Auto fill" features.

Please read "Tutorial - Dynamic Selection List" and "Lookup Table" topic -> "Auto fill" for more info and example.

eayvl
User

Post by eayvl »

Thanks, but It's not what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for is something like, demo project settings in orderdetails between unitePrice, Quantity and SubTotal.

For Example: If I select in a combobox "NORMAL" and i capture in a field, "3,000.00" find the quantity in a table and the result must appear in field "diario" with "80.00"

In Excel with vlookup I solve it but here I do not know how.

Table1
idbuscar / TABULADOR / MENSUAL / DIARIO
1 / NORMAL / 2,400.00 / 80.00
1 / NORMAL / 4,500.00 / 100.00
2 / ESPECIAL / 2,400.00 / 120.00
2 / ESPECIAL / 4,500.00 / 200.00

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Read the help file topic: "Project Setup" -> "Lookup Table" -> "Ajax by Server Events and Client Scripts" -> "Auto-Fill asynchronously" and see is it what you are looking for.

eayvl
User

Post by eayvl »

What I'm looking for may be in the demo project (orderdetails, ProductID field), but with a small change.

For this example, add a field in the table "products" with the name "SALARY" and change in (details of the order, ProductID, Display field # 1 of ProductName change it SALARY) In the field "SALARY" enter values of 100 , 200, 300, 400, etc.

The change I need is:
Add the value of 250 in the field "Product ID". This value searches the "product" table in the "SALARY" field if this value does not exist, extract the value of the nearest quantity and leave the value in Unit Price.

I was reading, read the help file topic: "Project Setup" -> " Lookup Table"
I will surely have to add this code in Server Events, but how are changes made?

$val = json_encode(ew_ExecuteRow("SELECT * FROM products WHERE ProductID = " . $_POST["value"])); // Get the desired value

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You can follow the example 2 in the help file (see my previous post), and update the SQL that retrieving the UnitPice to Salary and re-write the WHERE Clause.

$val = ew_ExecuteScalar("SELECT Salary FROM <Table> WHERE <Your code to retriving the nearest salary result>);

If you want to discuss, try you hand at it and post your COMPLETE code for discussion.