Master/Detail record for notes

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
vesser
User

Master/Detail record for notes

Post by vesser »

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping that someone would be able to point me in a general direction of how to do accomplish this task. I've a table that contains trouble tickets. I've authentication setup where users need to login to edit records. My goal is for technicians to be able to add notes under a record and have a chronological view of them referenced from a detail record.
In other works, add a main "trouble ticket" record. Then go into that record and add in a "note" that would be collapsible as more notes are added.
I've done this before in simply a notes field but this I'm looking to partition the note details under a main record in a master slave type setup. I expanded this previously in older versions of PHPMaker, to created a record add event into a slave field with a random ID (the detail table) and linked that to the master table. Back then I had to do this by modifying the template and re-zipping it back up.
I'm thinking now with the more recent version there has to be an easier way.

Thank you in advance.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

vesser wrote:
Back then I had to do this by modifying the template and re-zipping it back up.

What is the main reason you modifying the template? Please show us your modification for more discussion.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

There are "preview" extensions for the registered user see if it is what you needed.

Enter the demo site and "Orders" table and see is it what you needed.
download.hkvstore.com/phpdemo2017/orderslist.php?cmd=resetall