CustomMsg with CSS ToolTip

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
JAW
User

CustomMsg with CSS ToolTip

Post by JAW »

Hello,
I am working on converting a website from ASPMaker to PHPMaker. In ASPMaker I use CSS Styled Tool Tips and they are working fine. I have tried to use them in PHPMaker but they fail to load. If anyone can assist I would sincerely appreciate the help. Here is what I am doing.

In ASPMaker I use the following code for the ToolTip in Row_Rendered
"<div onmouseover=""document.getElementById('tt12').style.display='block'"" onmouseout=""document.getElementById('tt12').style.display='none'"" class=""questionMark""><div id=""tt12"" class=""toolTip"">My custom tip here.</div></div>"

In PHP Maker this fails so I have changed the code to this;
"<div onmouseover='document.getElementById('tt12').style.display='block'' onmouseout='document.getElementById('tt12').style.display='none'' class='questionMark'><div id='tt12' class='toolTip'>My custom tip here.</div></div>"

So this code above displays the image for the Tool Tip but when I hover over it the Tool Tip does not show.

I added the following code to a test.php page and it works fine.
<div onmouseover="document.getElementById('tt12').style.display='block'" onmouseout="document.getElementById('tt12').style.display='none'" class="questionMark"><div id="tt12" class="toolTip">My custom tip here.</div></div>
This tells me the code is correct but for some reason in the CustomMsg code it fails to display the pop up message for the tool tip.

I have exhausted all my resources to make this work and would really appreciate anyone who may be able to give me some insight into what I need to do to make this work.

Thanks,
JW

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Please post your actual PHP code in "Row_Rendered" server event. The code you posted above is the generated HTML code.

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

In ASPMaker I use the following code for the ToolTip in Row_Rendered
"<div onmouseover=""document.getElementById('tt12').style.display='block'"" onmouseout=""document.getElementById('tt12').style.display='none'"" class=""questionMark""><div id=""tt12"" class=""toolTip"">My custom tip here.</div></div>"

Try to use backslash to escape the double quote e.g. \" in PHP instead of "" in VBScript.