Modal Master/Detail

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
bart.gebruers
User

Modal Master/Detail

Post by bart.gebruers »

Is it possible (I don't think so but maybe I'm missing something) to have a modal windows to add master/details data ?
Modals work fine for single tables, but when adding master/detail data there is no modal option ...

Somebody has an idea about this ?

Thx
Bart

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Currently, Master/Detail in Modal dialog window is not supported. I don't think Master/Detail page is good to be displayed in Modal dialog window, since its layout need more spaces.

bart.gebruers
User

Post by bart.gebruers »

Thanks for confirming Mohbar.

Agree that it needs more space, but would be nice if you have a maximum number (example 3 or 5) detail lines.
(then you know max size of the window)

Regards

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

It's not just about the maximum number of record in detail section. It's also about the total width of detail section that sometimes often need more space. Using Modal dialog is not good when detail section's width is too wide.

buhuhu
User

Post by buhuhu »

Hi,

I want to know if in phpMaker 2019 modal dialog is supported ?

Regards,

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

inspect one of the button that shows a modal dialog add/edit form, you will see it has onlick handler, the function inthere is what opensa given url inmodal dialog you will see one of its parameters is a url.
the function looks like this ew.modalDialogShow({lnk:this,btn:'AddBtn',url:'nft_countryadd.php'});

then look at one of your urls for a master/detail add form and try to paste the function in console log wih that url and see how it displays
If it still comes out well then yo in luck

try playing with that and see if it will help