Something like "Parent UserLevel ID"

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
alliance8791
User

Something like "Parent UserLevel ID"

Post by alliance8791 »

Hi all. I have this kind of security: a table "xxxxxxx" with restricted access to userId level.
I setted up Parent User Id feature and it works good.
Now, I would like that not only 1 parent user id could access the data but all the users with a particolar user Level Id.
So, something like "Parent UserLevel ID".
What i can do ? (without changing on the fly the user id of the user i want to give access to the data)
Does it exist something like that ?

Tnx in advance.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

alliance8791 wrote:
but all the users with a particolar user Level Id.

Then you may simply check based on CurrentUserLevel() global function of the current logged-in user.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Note that User Level Security is to control the user from access some table, While the UserID Security is control the user from access other user's records.

You can adjust some user's user level based on condition in "UserLevel_Loaded" Server Event. You can also allow some user reading other user's records in "UserID_Loading" and "UserID_Loaded" Server Event.

Read the help file topic: "Server Events and Client Scripts" about the above server event to get more information.

alliance8791
User

Post by alliance8791 »

mobhar wrote:
alliance8791 wrote:
but all the users with a particolar user Level Id.

Then you may simply check based on CurrentUserLevel() global function of the current
logged-in user.

Tnx mobhar

arbei wrote:
Note that User Level Security is to control the user from access some table, While
the UserID Security is control the user from access other user's records.

You can adjust some user's user level based on condition in "UserLevel_Loaded" Server
Event. You can also allow some user reading other user's records in "UserID_Loading"
and "UserID_Loaded" Server Event.

Read the help file topic: "Server Events and Client Scripts" about the above server
event to get more information.

Tnx arbei