"caption" param of "ew_ModalDialogShow" function

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
mobhar
User

"caption" param of "ew_ModalDialogShow" function

Post by mobhar »

We need some tweak/customization in the "ewp.js" template file in order to display the "caption" param of "ew_ModalDialogShow" function.

See this code in "ewp.js" template file:
$dlg.find(".modal-title").html($lnk.data("caption") || $lnk.data("original-title"));

We need it to be customized/changed become:
$dlg.find(".modal-title").html(args.caption $lnk.data("caption") $lnk.data("original-title"));

If we do not change it, then this code (for example):
ew_ModalDialogShow({lnk: this, url: 'orderdetailsadd.php', caption: 'Search'});

will NOT display "Search" in modal dialog title section. After customize the code above, then the "Search" caption will be displayed properly in modal dialog title.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

The "caption" argument is redundant (the data-caption attribute should be used), to be removed in future versions.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Thank you for your response.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Could you please implement this request? I've just realized that this change has not been implemented until version 2017.0.6, when I tried to implement the similar solution for this topic: http://www.hkvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40048

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Just add data-caption attribute to the element.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

I think I've just found out the solution. For the case in the link above, then here is the example how to add the "data-caption" attribute into <tr> tag:

$('tr').attr('data-caption', 'View');