Use solid colors on column graph

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Use solid colors on column graph

Postby kirondedshem » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Ive begae using report maker a few weeks ago, I'd like some guidance on this.
I have generated a multi series column 3D chart and I see it uses solid color, eg if first bar is blue, it will be a solid blue color from up to down etc etc.
I have generated a multi series column 2D chart BUT i see by default all bars having color variaion from white to actual colr, ie if first column is meant to blue, it will be white and gradually turns to blue as the colmn goes up and its solid blus at the very top of the bar.

I like this design, but there are some 2D charts where I prefer solid colors all trhough out the columns, this also applies to some bar charts.

I see a bunch of settings for the chart in advanced settings, ive through most of them but I dont know which one will do what I want.

SO can someone give me an idea on where to tweak to have solid colors throught the columns, or what property to change in which event to have this result.
kirondedshem

Re: Use solid colors on column graph

Postby arbei » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:11 am

If you want to use solid colored bar, you need to update the attribute "plotGradientColor" to empty value in Chart_Rendered Server Event.

For example:
$doc = new DOMDocument();
$doc->loadXML($chartxml);
$doc->documentElement->setAttribute('plotGradientColor', '');
$chartxml = $doc->saveXML();

Read the example in help file topic: "Server Events and Client Scripts" -> "Chart_Rendered" Server Event.
arbei

Re: Use solid colors on column graph

Postby kirondedshem » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Thanks, It works great,
I think Ill try to dump that xml and see what else I can dig out.
kirondedshem

Return to General Discussion (PHP Report Maker)