Use Modal Dialog Extended Filter Error

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Use Modal Dialog Extended Filter Error

Postby kirondedshem » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:23 pm

HI guys, Ive been a huge fan on phpmaker, SO recently I bought Phpreport maker.

I am connecting to postgres.
I create a normal report from a database view(no groupings), I used a checkbox as the extended filter controll for a given text column.
The filtering also works fine when its a normal check box(with all options scattered on the screen).
The filtering also works well I tick (use drop down).
BUT the moment I tick Use modal dialog(what I want to actally use since the options are too many), IT generates an sql error as "column xxxx must appear in the group BY caluse or be used in an aggregate fucntion", where xxxx is the text column I have enabled to use modal dialog with checkbox controll.

Is there anything am missing here, or are some things I need to handle on the view at teh db level. Coz for the reports am going to generate am going to use modal dialog seraches with checkbox like 90% fro all filter fields.
kirondedshem

Re: Use Modal Dialog Extended Filter Error

Postby Webmaster » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 am

Thank you for reporting. Please modify the generated report info page (<report>info.asp) as follows. We will fix in the next build.

function SetupLookupFilters($fld) {
//...
switch ($fld->FldVar) {
case "x_<Field>":
//...
//***$sSqlWrk = "SELECT DISTINCT \"<Field>\", \"<Field>\" AS \"DispFld\", '' AS \"DispFld2\", '' AS \"DispFld3\", '' AS \"DispFld4\" FROM \"<Schema>\".\"<Table>\"";
$sSqlWrk = "SELECT \"<Field>\", \"<Field>\" AS \"DispFld\", '' AS \"DispFld2\", '' AS \"DispFld3\", '' AS \"DispFld4\" FROM \"<Schema>\".\"<Table>\""; //*** Remove DISTINCT
Webmaster

Return to General Discussion (PHP Report Maker)