Fill input field first and then fetch data

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Fill input field first and then fetch data

Postby Moultrex » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello, we are testing the latest php report maker to see if it fits in our needs so we can buy it.

I managed to convert some of our sql querries to report tables. Everything seems fine.

I want to ask. Is there a way for example, Input a particular value, ex. product code and then php fetch the table with the data.

I'm asking this cause we have a huge database with products sales etc. and everytime i open the project url, it loads all the product-sales and then let me filter product codes.

I want to 1st enter the product code on a text field and then php fetch the rest of the data.

Is this somehow possible?

Thank you.
Moultrex

Re: Fill input field first and then fetch data

Postby leontet » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:37 am

Hi!

I'm new to PHP Report Maker myself, but this is my 0.02$: what you ask for is precisely what an active "External Filter" in the OrderID field of your table would do!
The table itself has to have the "Require Search Criteria" option checked.
At page load, the only displayed thing is the filter dialog. Filling/picking the desired value and clicking the search button displays the already filtered table. Awesome!
Hope that helps!
leontet

Re: Fill input field first and then fetch data

Postby Moultrex » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:22 am

Thank you very much. I tried it and works. Although know i face another issue. The php report is really slow. My sql query runtime is 4-5 seconds but the php report finish the load on average 18-20 sec. I'll keep digging to find a solution.
Moultrex

Return to General Discussion (PHP Report Maker)