Export to PDF Failure

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Export to PDF Failure

Postby cplinta » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:35 am

Im running PHP Report Maker v10.0.0

When i try to export a report to PDF, im seeing this error.

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /var/www/html/accesshealth/reports10/dompdf070/src/Css/Style.php on line 184, referer: ...

I changed the php.ini file to bump the memory from 128M to 1024M, but that didnt help.
I saw a post that said i needed to change the memory setting in the project for the pdfdom extension to 1024M, but that didnt help.

And i just noticed the charts im produsing in the report, in the lower left hand corner say "FusionCharts XT Trial.

Now im wondering if I have it setup properly, v10 says that FusionCharts comes with the release.

So this post really contains two questions, that may o may not be related.
cplinta

Re: Export to PDF causes memory exhausted

Postby arbei » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:53 am

cplinta wrote:
> I changed the php.ini file to bump the memory from 128M to 1024M, but that didnt help.

After increasing the memory limit, the page still shows the same error message?

Try increase gradually, e.g. 256M, 384M, etc.

Try to export a smaller table and see it can be exported successfully. And try to increase more memory and max_execution_time.
arbei

Re: Export to PDF causes memory exhausted

Postby cplinta » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 pm

I fixed the problem...
After enabling PHP error_reporting on the server when the users were sleeping, i was able to
see the cause of the internal server error
"Upload folder is not writeable"
I read the help file re:
Project Setup -> PHP Settings -> File Folder
and saw the files folder needed to have write permission.
I found the folder on the server, added the write priv for the world, and restarted apache.

... and Voila! i am now able to generate/download PDFs
cplinta

Return to General Discussion (PHP Report Maker)