Dynamic User Level

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Dynamic User Level

Postby DP » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 pm

What is the link between userlevel and permission level? I migrated from static to dynamic user level now, I am unable to login. It gives a message as follows

You do not have the right permission to view the page
Back to Login Page

My fields are :
User ID Field : level ---> Main level

User Level Table / User Level ID Field : Userlevels (Tablename), Userlevelid (ID Field)

Permission Details : PermissionlevelID, Permission.

When level=userlevelid=permissionlevelid, it is not allowing still.

Example: level=8, userlevelid=8,permissionlevelid=8 and permission=8.

What is the logic behind dynamic level security. Help file is not giving this information clearly.
DP

Re: Dynamic User Level

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:42 am

The User Level table and User Level Permission table must have the required fields (set up in the Advanced Security form), you cannot use your own design. You can use PHP Report Maker to create the tables for you. After changing to Dynamic User Level, login as administrator, go to the User Level table and set up the permissions. Otherwise the users have no permissions for any tables/reports.
Webmaster

Postby DP » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:51 pm

I did use PHPReportMaker to create the tables and migrated the static values using the button provided. I enabled Dynamic User. I did login as Administrator to MySQL and set the pemission to 8 for tables against required user. Still not working. What should I do?
DP

Postby Webmaster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:37 am

Login as administrator, go to the User Level table and click the "Permissions" link to double check the permissions of the User Level. (Avoid editing the table directly with your MySQL manager unless you are sure what the data should be.)

Using your example,
>Example: level=8, userlevelid=8,permissionlevelid=8 and permission=8.

Make sure:
- you really have an User with User Level = 8 in your user table
- you really have an User Level with UserLevelID = 8 in the User Level table,
- you really have entries in the UserLevelPermissions table with UserLevelID = 8, TableName="xxx" and Permission=8. If there is no such entries for any table, the user cannot view any table.
Webmaster

Postby DP » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:18 pm

I logged in as Administrator into the website created using PHPReport Maker. But I could not find any link to set user "permission". Where is this link located? I am using Horizontal Menu options. Also, I ensured the following by directly enterring the data into mysql also

User Level = 8 in user table
UserLevelID = 8 in the User Level table
UserLevelID = 8, TableName="SampleTable" and Permission=8

Still I could not login. Also, let me know If using security options with User ID (row level) and User levels together creates problems?

I tried all permutations and combination, still Dynamic User Level is not working. I went to the extent of enabling access to all the tables to all the levels for all user levels and still it is not working.
DP

Postby Webmaster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Sorry, thought this is PHPMaker project. PHP Report Maker generates read-only reports, it does not generate script to update the User Level permissions.

The "Migrate" button does not insert table name to the permission table correctly, there should have been a prefix added before the table name, e.g.

UserLevelID = 8, TableName="||PHPReportMaker||SampleTable" and Permission=8
Webmaster

Postby DP » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:35 pm

I checked the data, Migrate button did not create the table names with any prefix. Should I add the prefix? If so what prefix should be added?
DP

Postby Webmaster » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:04 am

Webmaster wrote :
> e.g.
>
> UserLevelID = 8, TableName="||PHPReportMaker||SampleTable" and Permission=8
Webmaster

Postby cliff101 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:16 am

can we use our on prefix instead of ||PHPReportMaker||? if yes how can we change it?

Thanks.
cliff101

Postby Webmaster » Mon May 23, 2011 3:53 pm

For PHP Report Maker 4:

1. Change the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PHPReportMaker\4.0\Settings\General
UserLevelTableNamePrefix="||PHPReportMaker||"

2. Customize the rpt-common.vbs in the template, change the line:
pfxUserLevel = "||PHPReportMaker||"

3. Update the field values in the User Level and User Level Permissions tables of the database yourself, or login the site as Administrator and setup the user permissions for each user level again.
Webmaster

Postby dilistimor » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:46 pm

I did what webmaster asked, and still get this message

You do not have the right permission to view the page
Back to Login Page
dilistimor

Postby Webmaster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 pm

This post is very old (version 4). If you are using a newer version, add a new thread and explain what your question is.
Webmaster

Return to General Discussion (PHP Report Maker)