Getting a correct Average

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Getting a correct Average

Postby JAW » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am

Hello,
I don't know if what I want to do is possible but I need to find out. I have a view with Region, Total Hours, Total Daily Sales and Hourly Average. I am getting a Total and Average of the three numeric fields. That is working fine. What I need to get is a Chart that correctly displays the Average Daily Sales by Region. I can generate a Chart based on the Hourly Average field using the Region. The problem is the Average is way off from the actual numbers. As an example if I use a region West and I manually calculate the Average Daily Sales for that region I get $118.00 but the Chart shows $130.00 for that Region. The reason there is a discrepancy is the Chart is getting an Average of the sum of all the Averages in the Hourly Average field. I need to get an Average of the sum of the Daily Sales field for the Region based on how many hours were worked. I can not seem to get that information in a Chart. I can in the fields but not Charts.

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks,
JW
JAW

Re: Getting a correct Average

Postby motfs » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:51 am

> The reason there is a discrepancy is the Chart is getting an Average of the sum of all the Averages in the Hourly Average field. I need to get an Average of the sum of the Daily Sales field for the Region based on how many hours were worked.

Try to create a report with filter "Region" and use this report to create your chart. If needed, enable "debug" mode (click Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Debug) to check the SQL to verify.
motfs

Return to General Discussion (ASP Report Maker)