Compatibility problems

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

Compatibility problems

Postby crash » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm having compatibility problems with ASP2016 and ASP Report Maker 9.
I've tested every possible secenario and double checked all security levels on both are identical.

I've noticed that Report Maker will not generate Anonymous views unless I use Advanced Security.
This is different in ASP maker, which does not require Advanced security to generate anonymous user views.

I've deleted all generated files. Cleared the Template Cach and reloaded report maker.

Usually when I run look at compatibly properties I will see the header and footers etc... now it shows only (template) and is greyed out, when I click compatibility properties all fields show as empty.

Can anyone help
crash

Re: Compatibility problems

Postby motfs » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:11 pm

crash wrote:
> I've noticed that Report Maker will not generate Anonymous views unless I use Advanced
> Security.

Anonymous user has included in User Level Security both ASPMaker 2016 and ASP Report Maker 9. So, you need to turn on User Level Security in order to setup for Anonymous user.

crash wrote:
> it shows only (template) and is greyed out, when I click compatibility properties
> all fields show as empty

Do you mean ALL Reports are empty? Try to enable "Debug" mode (click Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Debug) to see the SQL.

Double check if the same project name is setup for both projects. See Compatibility Properties Setup in help file (ASP Report Maker 9's help file).
motfs

Re: Compatibility problems

Postby crash » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks
I have not quite worked out the problem between aspmaker and rptmaker, but for now I've deleted all the different security levels and this has got things ok for now.
I'm sure I'll have to cross this bridge later.

Thanks for the help
crash

Return to General Discussion (ASP Report Maker)